Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring...where are you?!?!?

keep hearing that the warm temperatures are coming...but after waking up to the 20s the last two days I am starting to wonder and now snow is in the forecast. Pfffffftttt...I am over winter...go away! 

Well.....enough of that. So...I have been in a bit of a funk. Not feeling like myself, questioning every decision I make, feeling melancholy. Of course when this happens it affects my relationships with those I hold dear. I sink into myself...always lost in thought. I don't mean to do it...but it happens to all of us. Dealing with unexpected wounds to your heart and soul are a struggle to get past. Everyone just wants me to let it go and move on....I am trying but I guess I am just not wired that way.  I am hoping the return of sunshine, warm temperature and time will heal all wounds. I may never understand why all things happen but I have to believe that I am being my best self and showing those that matter just how much I love them. 

Well, onto some art and less rambling about me and my heart...

So I had fun playing with some polymer clay, alcohol inks and a rubber stamp. Made for a fun mixed media piece! (The black clay was nice but I am still playing around with colors on it)








2 comments:

Susan S said...

Wow, this piece is Lovely.
You are so talented.
was costca

Elise Hartmann said...

thank you! I love anything Art Nouveau. Mucha is one of my all time favorite artists!