Friday, April 11, 2014

Ahhhhh spring.....

So it seems as though spring has arrived. We have had lovely weather this week...and it has been so uplifting and good for the soul! I have been busy in the studio working on various things. I started sculpting some new dolls, have been working on several illustrations, a new mixed media piece and some mixed media bookmarks. I also celebrated a birthday, got my nose pierced and taught a faerie terrarium workshop. Phew...it's been busy and I should have blogged sooner! Hope to hear your thoughts on the pieces I have been working on...here are some pics.

Bookmarks...



My latest illustration "Hometown Girl" featuring the beautiful Old Mill that is home to my studio as well as our retail shoppe...Gypsies!


Another illustration..this was a commissioned piece for a friend…



A unique 3d mixed media piece I am creating using a "matchbox" frame....this will be home to a mermaid so stay posted!!!





Current illustration...this will be the next piece in my "Fairytale" series....
Snow White....



One of the Faerie terrariums created in last night's workshop....


And last but not least.....










3 comments:

ada hurley said...

I love he bookmarks and so would my girls ��

Melodee said...

No wonder they are so beautiful, Just like there maker! :O)

Elise Hartmann said...

Thanks so much!!!! I often wonder if eventually there be no need for bookmarks...I only read on my ipad these days...but I have many friends who just love the feel and smell of a good book! :)